Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Music is life

How cliche but so true.

I listen to music just about all day every day.  I used to have headphones permanently fixed to my ears when I was teenager.  I even sat at the dinner table with them on.  I was a horrid teen.  *shudders* 

Now I have to go without for most of the day, sadly.  I really only get to listen when I'm driving.  I have a few Pandora stations that I listen to consistently.  My Nirvana station has tons of 90's music.  I have been pretty nostalgic lately so I listen to that one on the way into work.

When I'm picking up the kids, I listen to my Abney Park channel.  It has upbeat songs and cheerful tunes that the kids actually like.

When it's just me and the older kids and husband, I listen to my Dope or Marilyn Manson station.  I love those.  They have really good harder rock songs. 

Then there's my Psyclon Nine station that I listen to when I want to dance.  There's nothing like some gothy tunes to get you moving. 

I pretty much have a playlist as a soundtrack to my daily activities. 

The best thing to do to get pumped up for a show is to listen to the band's music on the way there.  My husband and I listened to Psyclon Nine for about a week straight before seeing them last year at Skully's in Columbus, OH.


And Manson is always being played but especially before we saw them in Indianapolis last year.


Now I'm in the mood to see a show.  But I have a new little one so it'll be a loooooooooong time before I'm willing to travel away from him.  I say that because I live in a really crappy little town that does not have anywhere for bands to play so we have to drive hours and hours away.


7 comments:

  1. Lol I was that kind of teenager too. I listened to lots of grunge and dance music, I still do. Music is perfect for working to, I have it on when I sew or when I'm working on my art. It makes a huge difference. I hated jobs that didn't have a radio, but I on the flip side of that, I especially hated those that played pop or country. 0.0 Working an eight hour shift listening to Coldplay or Britney is torture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine. That reminds me of a place I used to work at that played the same jazz CD for 8 hours straight... all day... every day... until Xmas season where it was switched out for Xmas music... all day... every day...

      Delete
  2. I did the same thing, though at that time it was a Walkman cassette player and those earphones with the foamy covers. HA! I always listen to the band we're seeing before a show. It gets me in the mood.

    Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walkmans with bright orange foamy bits! I thought I was the bees knees :)

      Delete
    2. I had the same kind. I thought the ear bud headphones were the greatest thing ever when they came out

      Delete
  3. Same here, headphones were an essential part of my life a few years ago. I also like listening to the band I'm seeing all the way there! Gets me really excited lol. There was a band I was desperate to see playing in my city when Reegan was only a week old and it was completely out of the question but I do yearn to get back out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya. I wanted to go to Mayhem Fest this year because the weather was actually nice for once. But Chomp was only a few days old.

      Delete